- Our specific program teaches students back handsprings and back tucks faster and easier
- Private lessons and small class sizes saves you time and money
- Safety is always our first concern
- We teach life skills, not just gymnastics
Unique & Effective Program
Our private instruction is more effective than classes. We specifically designed a program where we teach skills quickly, safely, and in a fun and positive environment. Even taking private instruction from other programs is not as effective because they do not have the specialized program and equipment that makes our students learn the fastest and with great technique.
Because we don’t want to share our uniquely designed program with our competitors we invite you to come see and feel the difference. Check out our book and articles in the gym that describe what we teach and our unique program. At Millcreek Gymnastics we believe that every child can and will learn a back hand spring and back tuck if they stick with the program.
Private Lessons & Small Classes
In most gyms, your child will receive only 6 minutes of time and attention from the coach. How? With a typical class of 8-12 children and only one coach, the coach’s time and attention gets divided between the kids making it so each student only receives about 6 minutes of undivided time and attention; that is if you don’t have the coach giving extra attention to those at the top of the class, which often happens in other programs. What does this mean for you and your child? It means that it will take ten weeks for your child to receive one hour of productive coaching.
At Millcreek Gymnastics and Cheer, we are able to cut out months and even years of wasted time, training, money and driving. When enrolled in Millcreek Gymnastics and Cheer’s private lesson program, your child receives 60 minutes of exceptional hands-on time and attention every hour. With the devoted attention of the coach, your child will learn the skills and techniques in less time, therefore saving you time and money. At our state of the art program, your child will learn and progress much faster than at any other gym around!
At Millcreek Gymnastics we consider your child’s physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being the highest priorities. As a result, we place a strong emphasis on safety. We feel there is no reason to learn tricks in an unsafe environment. With any child, in any sports program, you need to be concerned about two types of injury – physical and emotional.
- To protect against physical injury, we use spotting rigs and students practice many drills before progressing to harder tricks. Our coaches are always there ready to spot if need be. With large class sizes, often times a child will attempt a skill that they are not ready for without a coach’s supervision. We have an extremely low injury rate because we use spotting rigs and we maintain a low student to coach ratio in all of our lessons. Our top of the line safety equipment includes spotting rigs with harnesses, a bungee belt system and specialized mats.
- Emotional and mental injury is something that can be hard to spot until it may be too late. Some gyms place skills, achievement and perfection over the child’s well-being and happiness. Unfortunately, this happens in gyms all across the country. You can have an Olympian who may not be very happy in life due to feelings that they “will never be good enough” or you can have a well-adjusted athlete that achieves greatness and is also happy. Your child’s well-being, in every way, is our highest priority and we do not allow negativity in our gym. We thoroughly train our coaches on tumbling technique AND the emotional aspects of working with children. We strive to be the best at working with kids as well as the best at teaching great technique. Since a child’s brain is very moldable and impressionable you want to ensure that you choose the best environment for your child. We provide an environment where children can learn really fun gymnastics skills quickly, safely and in an emotionally responsible way.
We understand the importance of teaching a child the key life skills for success, which is why we put forth so much effort to integrate the following teachings into our program:
- Positive Self-talk – We teach our students how to use positive self-talk when experiencing difficulty so they can keep a positive attitude when they are struggling to get their skills. We also teach children that mistakes are lessons and opportunities to grow. Consequently, they learn to turn a potentially negative situation into one where they feel competent and have a positive belief in their ability to succeed. We have seen time and time again that this positive experience carries over into their everyday lives including their performance in school.
- Confidence – We take pride in helping children realize that they can do something if they stay positive and put their mind and effort toward it. For us, watching children learn to become self-assured and confident is one of the best parts of teaching. We want to create happy, successful and confident children; that grow into happy, successful and confident adults.
- Hard work – Our main goal is to create a desire in children to try hard and achieve their best. The hard work of gymnastics training can give young minds a better understanding of what commitment and hard work are. Learning these skills at a young age can help shape a healthy lifestyle by encouraging your child to stay physically fit and active throughout their life.
- Personal Achievement – We believe success is based on a personal best instead of comparisons with others. We help all students reach success through setting goals that are focused on personal achievement and by effectively teaching the skills necessary to reach their goals. Not comparing yourself to others in life is a necessary skill and key ingredient to happiness. To learn this at a young age can give your child a head start to having a great life
Come to Millcreek Gymnastics and experience our unique program that challenges every child and teaches them valuable skills they will utilize throughout their lives!
See What Our Satisfied Customers Have to Say
Whenever we are in SLC (we live in Idaho) my daughter gets in for a session at Elite. The coaches are amazing. Whether one is working on a mental block, starting out or enhancing skills. They have a knack for understanding what the obstacle is (if there is one). They listen to the thoughts and goals of the athletes they ask questions as they coach that help athletes logically think through their process. Needless to say we LOVE and RESPECT Millcreek and ELITE!!!
I was a little hesitant at first due to the prices per class but then we tried it with the Groupon. My daughter has been doing gymnastics for about a year and a half prior to starting at Elite Tumbling. She was doing great with developing and skill, however, she struggled with the confidence to do a back hand spring. She has now done 3 classes at Elite Tumbling and last night after class she came home and wanted to show us something on the trampoline. She did a back hand spring all by herself! She was so excited and proud of herself and so were we! We have been very impressed with Elite Tumbling and my daughter loves going there!
This place is great! My daughter was at a gymnastics place for almost three years, she was not improving very quickly. I felt as if she was stagnant and nobody was pushing her to grow. My daughter has some friends transfer to Elite so we gave it a try. She has been here for about three months and has grown so much. She could barely do one back handspring, now she is doing six! Her attitude and confidence and grown tremendously. The staff talks to the kids and teaches them the technique. I had never seen a coach talk so much to their students, and even the parents. It is great, I love it, and so glad we changed!!!
Love this place! The staff is unbeatable. They really pay attention to where your child needs improvement and as a result goals are achieved. My child is 6 and had not had any formal training. They go through each move and teach her step by step so she has a complete understanding of how to make it work. The staff are all kid friendly and their teaching styles are all amazing. I would highly recommend this gym to anyone looking!
My daughter started at Elite Tumbling in January. I thought it would be just a phase and she would want to quit after a few months, but it has been quite the opposite. Natalie and the other teachers have inspired her and keep her interested and challenge her enough to always be practicing at home. My walls are filthy because she uses them everyday as spotters for handstands and to practice her form :-O. She takes a semi-private lesson with the neighbors and they help each other everyday as they practice on the trampoline. I love the non-competitive environment, where everyone cheers for everyone, but yet they still challenge each other in a positive way. She can now do aerials, back handsprings, back tucks, back pikes and all sorts of other tricks. Thank you Elite for making this first time tumbling family happy!
My 14 yr old daughter had taken “cheer” tumbling for a year and still could not do a back handspring. After only a few weeks at Elite she was flying through the air!! We thought we would just add lesons for a month or two and now we are going on month four and have no intention of quitting! Also we started our younger daughter who is 7 this summer and she loves it. The teachers are very good at evaluating each athlete and determining what they need to do to succeed. Thanks Elite!!
My daughter absolutely loves to attend her lessons at Elite every week. She has improved by leaps and bounds. I am so impressed with the quality of instruction, and my daughter can’t stop talking about how much fun she has!
MY daughter LOVES her Wednesdays thanks to Elite Tumbling, she is only on her second or third month and I already see such improvement GREAT JOB ELITE the teachers are GREAT 🙂
My kids learned more in 2 months at Elite Tumbling than they did in about 3 years at another gym in town. I can tell the owners and coaches really care about my kids emotional well being because they build my kids up rather than get mad at them to do the tricks. My kids love going there and I am very impressed with what they already learned.